ABOUT 100 FEMALE students of the Nsutaman Senior High School (SHS) have been left with no place to sleep after a fire outbreak in the school.
The blaze was reported to have burnt some parts of the Girl’s Dormitory in the school, causing massive destruction at the place in the process on Monday.
Reports said at least two rooms, housing about 100 students, was burnt into ashes by the fire, which was said to have started during school hours.
Valuable items including beds, mattress, school uniforms, books, money and other personal belongings of the students were gutted by the fire.
According to sources in the school, it took the intervention of the personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) before the fire was contained.
The Kwadwo Bediako Banahene, DCE for Sekyere Central, where the school is located, confirmed the report on radio in Kumasi on Tuesday morning.
According to him, arrangements were quickly made to enable the affected students to spend the night in some classrooms on Monday night.
He said the school authorities, the district assembly and other stakeholders were doing their best to find better accommodation for the students.
The DCE commended the GNFS for their quickly response to a distressed call from the school, which he said helped to minimise the damaged caused.
Bediako Banahene also said, luckily, no reported case of injuries was recorded so parents should not panic, saying the students were safe in school.