Fire yesterday grazed down several wooden structures at Achimota Abofu, a suburb of Accra.
The inferno suspected to have been caused by a gas explosion started in the wee hours of yesterday destroying over 20 kiosks several properties worth millions of cedis.
An eyewitness told THE PUBLISHER that the fire was caused by a gas explosion in one of the wooden structures in the area.
According to him, “the occupant of the kiosk lighted gas but forgot to off it and left for work. This caused the gas to explode spreading to other structures.”
He added that the fire spread to other structures minutes after the explosion.
The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) are reported to have arrived at the scene 30 minutes later to control the fire.
They are said to have arrived with five of their fire fighting vehicles due to the intensity of the fire.
At the time of filing this story, the GNFS were still at the scene brining the fire under control
There were however, no casualties.
By: Emmanuel Yeboah Britwum