Adsense Skyscrapper

First batch of Hajj Pilgrims leaves Tamale for Saudi Arabia

0

Once again, another time for Hajj operation is here  and finally the pilgrims left the Tamale Airport in the early hours of Sunday, August 5, 2018, on board an Airbus A330 flight.

A total of 2,617 pilgrims from the Northern, Upper East and Upper West regions are expected to fly directly from the Tamale Airport to Jedda, Saudi Arabia.

A high-powered government delegation led by the Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Sa-eed, Chairman of the National Hajj Board, Sheikh I.C Quaye and Interior Minister, Ambrose Derry were there to bid the pilgrims farewell.

Sheikh I.C Quaye said government had to settle some GHS 31 million debt incurred by the Hajj Board in order to ensure that this year’s trip was without major challenges.

According to him, about 452 pilgrims paid their monies but never had the opportunity to embark on the trip in the previous year.

Chairman of the Hajj Board, Sheikh I.C Quaye said, government had to settle some GHS 31 million debt incurred by the Hajj Board in order to ensure that this year’s trip was without major challenges, adding that government has subsidised the cost of travels of the pilgrims.

Advice

Advising the pilgrims not to carry along any prohibited items that could tarnish the image of Ghana, leaders of the Muslim community appealed to them to comport themselves while in Saudi Arabia and focus on the religious obligations of the pilgrimage.

“A website had been created to provide detailed information on the departure times and dates for the pilgrims to help ease the usual congestion at the Hajj Village,” it was said to them.

Chairman of the Hajj Board, Sheikh I.C Quaye, urged the pilgrims to pray for the peace, stability and prosperity of the Middle East while in Mecca and thanked the Ghana government for helping to organise a successful Hajj this year.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.