Gas Explosion Kills Welder
THE MPASATIA Township, in the Atwima Mponua District, in the Ashanti Region was thrown into a state of melancholy on Monday morning, following the explosion of a gas cylinder, which instantly killed a popular welder in the farming community.
Identified simply as ‘Obolo’, the welder was working on a customer’s faulty vehicle when the cylinder exploded, causing him to suffer multiple wounds.
The blast, according to eye-witnesses, was so massive that it prompted hundreds of residents to run for cover.
Chief Abdulai Mohammed, the Mpasatia Zongo Chief, who confirmed the sad incident to the NEW PUBLISHER, said the deceased bought the gas cylinder few days ago but he (Obolo) realized it was faulty so he alerted the seller.
Chief Abdulai said Obolo was waiting for the cylinder seller to replace the faulty cylinder when the calamity struck.
“He knew that the gas cylinder was faulty and so he was managing to work with it until the time it would be replaced. But Obolo was not lucky as the gas exploded whilst he was working on someone’s faulty car, killing him instantly”.