Adsense Skyscrapper

Obengfo CEO Charged for Operating Without Licence


The legal woes of the Chief Executive Officer of the Advanced Body Sculpt Centre, also known as Obengfo Hospital, Dr Dominic Obeng-Andoh, is far from over.

Just three days after the Accra Central District Court remanded him for the murder of Ms Stacy Offei Darko, a Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme (NEIP), Dr Obeng-Andoh has been charged with practising medicine without a licence.

He is also facing a charge of operating an unlicensed medical facility between 2013 and 2016.

Dr Obeng-Andoh specialises in surgeries that enhances the body shape of people.

Obengfo sick

Dr Obeng-Andoh was expected to appear before the Accra Circuit Court on Friday to answer for the charges.

But the police could not produce him because apparently, he was on admission at the Greater Accra Regional Hospital (Ridge Hospital).

The prosecutor, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Mr Stephen Adjei, subsequently prayed the court to adjourn the case.

The court, presided over by Mrs Harriet Jane Akwele Quaye, adjourned the case to June 5, 2018.

Present in court on Friday were officials of the Medical and Dental Council (MDC), led by the Registrar, Dr Eli Kwesi Atikpui.

No licence

According to the facts of the case, in July 2015, investigations by the MDC revealed that Dr Obeng-Andoh had failed to renew his annual registration to practise since 2013.

The MDC, after further investigations, reported the matter to the police and on December 20, 2016, the police went to the Obengfo Hospital to arrest Dr Obeng-Andoh.

“The police met him in the process of performing certain medical procedures on someone. Further investigations also revealed that Dr Obeng-Andoh has also failed to license his health facility which he was operating, as required by law,’’ the fact indicated.

Trial on hold

Dr Obeng-Andoh was charged with the offences and was expected to appear before court on February 7, 2017, but he petitioned the Director-General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service to review the investigations against him.

Based on that, the fact stated that the court process was temporarily suspended and the case docket was forwarded to the Attorney-General’s Department for advice.

The facts explained that the A-G gave its response on May 8, 2018, with a legal advice that all the charges levelled against Dr Obeng-Andoh should be maintained and he should also be arraigned.

It was on that basis that the case was sent to the court on Friday.

Hospital shut down

Meanwhile, a team of policemen and officers from the MDC yesterday visited the Obengfo Hopsital at Weija and shut down the facility.

Dr Atipkui informed the Daily Graphic that the team got to the facility around 2 p.m. and saw that the facility was still opened, although there was no patient in it.

“Apart from two ladies and a girl, who identified herself as the househelp of Dr Obeng-Andoh, there was nobody at the facility,’’ he said.

Source: Graphic Online

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.