Wisa In Trouble; Ordered to Open Defense
The Accra Domestic Violence and Gender Based Court has dismissed a motion for no case filed by lawyers for hiplife artiste Eugene Ashe.
The court presided over by Mrs. Abena Oppong Adjin-Doku held that a prima facie case has been found against the artiste aka Wisa Greid.
In the view of the court, the prosecution has proved that there is prima facie and that the burden lies on the accused to tell the history.
Wisa who was present in court has therefore been ordered to open his defense on February 5.
Lawyer Jerry Avenogbor had filed for no case on August 30, 2017 arguing that Wisa has no case to answer in respect of the matter before the court.
Wisa’s lawyer believes the prosecution, led by Inspector Judith B. Asante have no case against the “Ekiki Me” hit singer.
So far, Inspector Edward Odame of the Police Criminal Investigation Department has been cross-examined on a witness statement he had tendered.
This was because the witness, one Jerry Narh, who had given the statement to the police, was not available to speak to the witness statement.
The defence lawyer was skeptical over the authenticity of the document, indicating that the statement was not signed and if it was signed, the court could not be sure that the said Narh signed it.
Lawyer Avenogbor also disputed the fact that Wisa and the said Narh went to the police to give the statement to the police as claimed by Inspector Dame.
The Wisa is standing trial for allegedly showing his manhood during a live performance on December 24, 2015 during the ‘December 2 Remember’ event at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC).
A video of the artiste stripping and rubbing what was believed to be his manhood against his female dancer on stage was put on social media, compelling his management to apologise for what it described as the artiste’s “rash and irresponsible behaviour”.
By: Jeffrey De-Graft Johnson/ thePublisher