The Electoral Commission of Ghana has disqualified five aspirants from contesting in the 2020 presidential race over fraudulent indications.
Madam Jean-Mensa, chairperson of the commission who disclosed this said the forgeries by the presidential aspirants have however been referred to the Ghana Police Service for further investigation.
The disqualified candidates include Kwesi Bosomoro [PAP], Akwesi Addae Odike [UFP], Marricke Kofi Gane [independent], Kofi Koranteng [independent] and Agyenim Boateng [independent].
Below is the full list of presidential candidates who sailed through:
- Alfred Kwame Asiedu Walker – Independent candidate
- Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo – NPP
- Christian Kwabena Andrews – GUM
- Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku – PPP
- John Dramani Mahama – NDC
- Akua Donkor – GFP
- Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings – NDP
- Hassan Ayariga – APC
- Ivor Kobina Greenstreet – CPP
- Henry Herbert Lartey – GCPP
- Percival Kofi Akpaloo – LPG
- David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera – PNC