Adsense Skyscrapper



IT WAS a heartbreaking spectacle as a man helplessly watched his son burn to ashes at Asafo, a suburb of Kumasi, on Friday dawn.

The boy, identified as Koo Emma, 13, was trapped by the fire in a wooden structure he was sleeping in.

Sources said his father and other relatives, who were also sleeping in the same wooden structure, escaped on time, but Emma, who was said to be fast asleep, got trapped.

Eyewitnesses said the boy could be heard calling his father to rescue him from the inferno, as the helpless father also called for help that never came. By the time a contingent from the National Fire Service arrived at the scene, it was too late to rescue the boy.

According to some eyewitnesses, they suspected that a candle light might have accidentally started the blaze.

Aside claiming the life of the 13-year-old boy, the fire also destroyed four shops and many items being stored in them.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.