Adsense Skyscrapper

I Saw 20 Men Killing My Dad …Says 14 Year Old Daughter of Killed Chief


Ghana, on Monday, was enveloped in shock as news broke of the cold murder of traditional chief at Gomoa East District of the Central region.

The deceased,   Gyasehene for Gomoa Akranmang, Nana Yaw Egyir but popular as ‘Osebo’ was reported to have been killed in his home in broad daylight by a group of angry men whose identities are yet to be verified days after his murder.

His 14-year-old daughter who witnessed the horrific incident has narrated how she saw her dad being killed.

“My mum was about leaving for work when the thugs came in. So my father asked us to get into the room and lock it. The tugs forced their way into the house. And started destroying the door. This forced my father to come out. They then killed him,” the teen girl narrated.

She said the invaders were about 20 in number and they started to destroy anything they saw on the compound, including cars. They then left the dead father’s body on the floor and fled the scene.

The lifeless body of the chief was found soaked with blood on the compound of his home after the invaders had left.

He was believed to have been hit in the head with cement blocks until he died.

Police have deposited the corpse at the morgue and commenced investigations.

Reason for his murder is not yet known. The suspects are also not yet identified.

DSP Irene Serwaa Oppong, the Public Relations Officer of the Central Regional police command has told Peace FM’s ‘Kokrokoo’ Morning show host, Kwame Sefa Kayi that on the eve of the murder of Nana Yaw Egyir, the police had reports that he had shot a certain Rashia.

The Police therefore gave Rashia a medical form to seek medical attention and he was admitted to the hospital.

She said after news broke that Nana Yaw Egyir had been killed the next morning, Rashia vanished from the hospital even when the doctors had not discharged him.

For now he can be a victim or a suspect and we urge all health facilities to alert the police if an injured person with gunshot wounds comes to their facility DSP Irene Serwaa Oppong pleaded.

Pundits have questioned why the Police did not immediately apprehend Nana Yaw Egyir on Sunday evening when they had reports he had allegedly shot Rashia but they waited till the next morning for him to be murdered by unidentified men.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.