Reports from the Ashanti Region indicates, a 13-year-old boy has met his untimely death after fire gutted their house.
Residents at the Asafo fitting shop area said the fire started around 5:30 am when the boy was still asleep as his parents were out.
The house of the boy is located within the fitting enclave.
According to available information, residents were unable to break into the wooden structure in which the boy was sleeping due to the intensity of the fire.
This led to the death of the boy and about 7 shops were burnt down to ashes.
Officials of the National Management Organization (NADMO) say they have begun a thorough assessment of the incident.
Nana Atakorah Koduah, the Ashanti Regional Administrator of NADMO said to the media, “it is thereafter we will be able to speak to the possible cause of the fire.”
“These times, we are in a very serious position because of climate change… the weather cannot be predicted and we are in high temperatures season and therefore the public is cautioned to be careful of the way we handle naked fires,” he added.