Owners of some 95 luxury vehicles that are suspected to have been stolen from the United States and smuggled into Ghana have been ordered to report in person to the Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) with the requisite documents of the said vehicles on or before Wednesday, May 3, 2023
EOCO has released details of the said vehicles including their Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN), Years Models and make of cars that have been frozen on a court order.
According to a release issued by the security agency, about 95 cars including the latest Range Rovers, Escalades, Mercedes Benz and more, were reported to have been stolen from the USA and Canada and shipped into the country.
These cars which are in the possession of some individuals and car dealerships are to be brought to the offices of EOCO no later than May 3, 2023 while owners of these vehicles are expected to come along with the needed documents to validate them.
This also comes on the heels of a similar operation in December 2022 where officials of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) busted a vehicle-stealing syndicate in Ghana.
EOCO had earlier said an Intelligence-led operation resulted in the retrieval of some luxury cars stolen from the United States of America and Canada.
During the operation, which took place on December 9, 2022, thirty-seven (37) of the cars were retrieved from garages in Accra.
Ten (10) people were also arrested in the process and have since been questioned and granted bail.
Comments are closed.