Adsense Skyscrapper

Tamale Chief Chases Anas Over Cash

0

Mohammed Hafiz Abdulai, the Dema Naa of Tamale, who stunned the country, last Friday after accusing ace journalist Anas Aremeyaw Anas of extorting money from him to drop an investigation, is asking for a refund of his cash.

The claims by the Tamale chief appears to corroborate Ken Agyapong’s claims of fraud against Anas bringing the Journalist’s reputation to disrepute.

Speaking on Accra based Neat FM, yesterday, the chief said he had no desire in ‘rubbishing’ the investigative works of Anas and that, all he was fighting for was his $50,000 which apparently went wasted after Anas failed to follow through with their deal.

According to the Dema Naa, he parted with the huge sum fearing that Anas’ investigation would embarrass him.

He gave a whopping $50,000 to Anas while his friends―Mubarak and Baba Tunde also parted with $50,000 to complete Anas’ demands of $100,000.

After parting with such amounts Anas is alleged to have failed to come through with his side of the bargain, leading to the arrest of Hafiz Abdulai and further prosecution in court which is yet to receive judgement.

Gold Deal

Explaining the circumstances that had led to him being investigated, the Tamale chief said in 2009 when he was still the sole owner of a security firm― Haftec, he had been contracted by a Dubai company―Omega Strategic Service (OSS) to supply them gold through another company―Almac.

According to him, the $1.9m which was given to him was transferred to the gold suppliers but the deal went sour when the gold was not delivered. This, he said led to OSS contracting Anas to probe deeper and to catch the culprits.

“Me I don’t care what he has done with GFA…all I’m saying is that I’ve been arrested and you have come through a backdoor to take my $50,000…me I’m fighting for my $50,000.”

“I am a traditionalist oo, if Anas says he hasn’t taken my money, let’s go to a deity and swear because I know he doesn’t pray and within 24 hours we would see who is telling the truth,” he hollered.

Hafiz says Anas’ publication in the Crusading Guide newspaper and other platforms had led to the collapse of his company.

“Who would want to work with us after all that Anas had published…calling us fraudsters and all of that?

“This guy destroys people’s lives. I have nothing against Anas…but he who calls for equity must come with clean hands. Anas is not clean. He is not a saint…Anas dey collect…he has swindled me and nobody is talking about that. If we talk, they say I am a fraudster…all I’m saying to Ghanaians is to watch that man. He is destroying lives,” Hafiz retorted angrily.

Suing Spree

Mohammed Hafiz Abdulai has further threaten to go on a suing spree if he receives judgement from any court of adjudication that “he is not guilty”.

“If I was acquitted, I need to sue Anas for defamation of character…I will sue the Crusading Guide for calling me a fraudster …I’m not a fraudster,” he claimed

Despite plans to stop Anas’ ‘Number 12’ expose from being premiered, Ghanaians are well prepped for the ‘day of reckoning’ which takes place today, June 6.

By: Grace Ablewor Sogbey/ ksogbey@gmail.com

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.